Wednesday, April 12, 2023

When the Mirror Opens

When suddenly the laughter echoing
Behind those blissful eyelids 
Tender may be heard aloud 

In the room behind the mirror 


When quick the back rode upon

Lies still on what now 

My feet finally must tread 

Or plunge coldly beneath


Piercing the dog’s yellow yowl

Footsteps ahead no longer

But quietly my own real notes

Played shocking clear


Again first I walk passing 

Fore the hallowed dreaded door

Blankets cherished and buried 

In drawers never opened anew


Looking inward so long through Them

Your black surprise instead 

Creates the secret doorway 

Promised hoped dreamed wished 


Through I walk myself 

bearing fulsome burdens known

Steeled aged wizened humbled

Capricious and perfect destined

When the mirror opens.

No comments: